Store Code: Talent DI and OD (5104561)
Gain valuable summer experience at one of the most respected grocery chains in the United States! Hannaford’s unique retail internship program will allow you to learn the business hands-on, while also gaining deep insight into Hannaford as a company. Develop yourself as a young professional and have a blast working and learning in retail!
Retail operations interns spend their summer working from a retail location, learning how a large grocery chain operates at the store level while also working on a project alongside their day-to-day operations. Internship positions are available for a broad range of challenging assignments. Take this opportunity to learn the inside of the complex supermarket industry while you develop the leadership skills and business knowledge you need to enhance your career. Come work in a team environment designed to promote and reward individuality, innovation, leadership, and strong business results.
RETAIL LOCATIONS INCLUDE: Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont and New York
- Enhance your knowledge of a multimillion-dollar retail business by working with store and department leaders across the total store
- Work in up to 3 focus departments and learn from department leaders how those departments contribute to the store's overall success
- Shadow store leaders and gain valuable insight on what it means to lead and manage diverse teams in a dynamic working environment
INTERNSHIP KEY DATES:
- Selection process: January/February
- Summer internships will begin in May/June and last until mid-August
- Internship duration will be 10 to 12 weeks
- Enrolled in an associates, bachelor’s, or master’s degree program
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated leadership abilities such as assertiveness and willingness to take calculated risks
- Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and strive for results
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with solid interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented thinking
- Strong customer service skills
- All majors encouraged to apply; (Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing, Hospitality and Business majors)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (FOR SOME POSITIONS)
- Ability to use computers and other technical systems required to perform job functions
- Lift up to 20 lbs. regularly, including overhead lifting, and up to 60 lb. occasionally. Push/pull up to 40 lb. regularly
- Meet established volume and fixed activity standards
- Stand or walk 100% of the time
- Frequent reaching, grasping and lifting individual stock items below waist level or above shoulder level
- Frequent bending
- Ability to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packing materials and food products
- Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time
Hannaford provides equal opportunity in employment to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions) age, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression family disability, or any other characteristic provided by law.
If you have a disability and require assistance in the application process, please contact the location in which you would like to apply.
Job Requisition: 271793_external_USA-ME-Scarborough_1172022Apply Now