Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a safe, welcoming and diverse workplace where everyone belongs. Our differences bring fresh ideas and perspectives, and we support an inclusive environment where all thoughts, ideas and lived experiences are valued.
We partner with leading civil rights organizations to make promises to advance diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in all aspects of our business, including supplier diversity.
Our associates play an important role in advancing DEI with Business Resource Groups that support BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, veterans and active military, and multi-generations.
We’re proud to be recognized as a leader in diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Among other accolades, Hannaford has earned a 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index for ten years in a row, making Hannaford a “Best Place to Work” for LGBTQ+ people.
Success for our company starts with our associates.
We offer competitive pay and generous work benefits for both full-time and qualified part-time positions. Benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical for you and your dependents*
- Dental and life insurance for you and your dependents
- Prescription drug savings
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Holiday, sick and leave time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement and scholarships
- Wellness programs
- Associate discounts
- Free confidential counseling programs.
*Under the federal Transparency in Coverage rule, group health plans are required to make publicly available machine-readable files that include in-network rates and out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges. Click the link to view the in-network rates and out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges under the welfare benefits plan in which Hannaford participates.
Groceries to Grads Tuition Reimbursement Program
At Hannaford, we’re committed to your development and career growth. Beginning or continuing your education is essential to your personal and professional future. And as an employer, we want to invest in your career by providing financial support for your academic pursuits.
Our Groceries to Grads Tuition Reimbursement Program offers the following benefits:
- Up to $5,250 in tuition reimbursement funds annually
- Both full- and part-time associates are eligible to participate (minimum 10 hours per week)
- Generous tuition discounts with partner colleges and universities exclusive to Hannaford associates
- Tuition reimbursement funds can be used at any accredited college or university
- Applicable to undergraduate and graduate courses and certificate programs
- Flexible work schedules to support education goals
At Hannaford, we are responsible for protecting the communities we serve – and that includes the environment we all share. We are committed to sustainability and fostering healthy communities. Our company is an industry leader in environmental stewardship, combating climate change and reducing waste.