Store Code: Store 08451 Grocery (5120986)
Hannaford Supermarkets started out as a fresh produce vendor in Portland, Maine way back in 1883, and is still connected to those early roots as a local market. Hannaford actively seeks out farmers and producers to join our Local program which celebrates not only local foods, but the preservation of farmland, local traditions and local jobs. The connection we have to the source of our fresh foods is core to the way we do business, becoming the first major supermarket in the United States to document that all its seafood products were sustainably harvested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Observe and follow all company policies and procedures.
• Become familiar with the Grocery Standard Practice Manual.
• Maintain a high standard of quality workmanship in performance of all specific duties and responsibilities assigned.
• Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed.
• Ensure product received meets company quality standards and authorization requirements.
• Maintain department compliance with pricing (if applicable).
• Enter information into both desktop and hand-held computers.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Good interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a team environment.
• Effective communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements, including successful completion of forklift and power jack training.
• Must meet minimum age requirements.
• Lift cases weighing up to 40 pounds at least 50% of the time.
• Meet established volume and fixed activity standards.
• Stand or walk 100 % of the time.
• Frequent reaching, grasping and lifting individual stock items below waist level or above shoulder level.
• Frequent bending.
• Ability to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packing materials and food products.
• Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 4 hours at a time.
• Ability to use desktop and hand-held computers to enter and retrieve data.
• Monitor and check for accuracy all items delivered and credited to the store.
• Maintain an atmosphere of positive vendor relations.
• Maintain good communications with the management team and all associates.
• Maintain confidentiality and high ethical standards.
• Maintain cleanliness and condition of all equipment.
• Maintain company standards and programs for safety, fire prevention, and security.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area, including outside dock area.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Hannaford provides equal opportunity in employment to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), age, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 325628_external_USA-ME-Scarborough_6302023Apply Now
Collapse job description
Read full job description