Store Code: Talent DI and OD (5104561)
Join the fast-track to becoming a leader at one of the most respected grocery chains in the Northeast! The Hannaford Retail Management Training (RMT) program is widely regarded to be one of the best leadership training programs among retail companies. Let Hannaford invest in your future with this three-year leadership development program designed to prepare young professionals for a leadership role within our multibillion-dollar company.
The RMT program focuses on teaching individuals the supermarket business from the ground-up. You will have the opportunity to work with seasoned department managers, store managers, and corporate leaders throughout your training. This program is intended to create a solid foundation of technical training, while simultaneously growing your leadership skills to prepare you for a future career as an executive with Hannaford Supermarkets.
Year one of the program focuses on all aspects of our retail operation. In years two and three, that training is put into practice as an Assistant Store Manager. After completion of the program, you will be a top candidate for a store manager, specialist, or home office equivalent role. From there, you have the opportunity to work towards your own career path based on your interests within the broader company.
Your understanding of the grocery industry will develop through in-store trainings in multiple retail locations with highly seasoned department managers, store managers, and executive sponsors. You will be assigned and gain valuable mentors that will help guide your career path.
Retail training phases include:
- Produce, Deli & Kitchen, Bakery, Seafood, Meat, Center Store, Pharmacy, Front End, Hannaford to Go, Associate Relations, Assistant Store Manager & Store Manager
Learning and Development
Multiple learning groups are created for you to connect with your peers and learn from your mutual experiences. There you will be exposed to the corporate side of the business and learn from some of the most influential leaders within the company. You will be able to connect with your executive sponsors and gain valuable leadership skills through various workshops.
After 6 months, you will be given the opportunity to join a strategic project workstream with some of your peers and other business leaders. You will work together to develop and recommend a solution for a significant priority within the company. You will be expected to be a functional member driving this critical work. At the end of this process, you will formally present your efforts to top leadership of the company. During years 2 or 3 you will have another opportunity to support the organization by joining a team for 3-6 months supporting that function, gaining experience and exposure to another area of the business.
- Bachelor's Degree, minimum GPA 3.0 is preferred
- Computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
- Problem solving, decision making and financial analysis skills
- Ability to effectively communicate using strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Ability to learn quickly and strive for results
- Ability to adapt quickly to change without being afraid to take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced team environment while being proactive and action-oriented
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive pay, plus bonus based on performance
- Full Benefit Package includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- 401K retirement program
- Relocation Assistance (based on miles moved)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Hours (donate your time to volunteer at charity of choice)
- Possible Placement Locations: Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont & New York
To apply for consideration for the RMT Class of 2023 please complete the on-line application between September 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022. This position will begin June 2023.
Please contact Matt Rothman with any questions – [email protected]
Hannaford provides equal opportunity in employment to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions) age, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression family disability, or any other characteristic provided by law.
If you have a disability and require assistance in the application process, please contact the location in which you would like to apply.
Job Requisition: 267609_external_USA-ME-Scarborough_10202022Apply Now